This week’s Life With Levi breastfeeding blog hop has been opened to all bloggers as an open theme–“When You Grow Up”.
Dear Lil Burghers,
When you grow up, I hope that:
* You amaze your teachers with your smarts (but that you don’t become so cocky about it you end up bored or in trouble).
* You make friends and that if time or distance ever come between you, both realize two-way communication is the key to a successful continual relationship.
* If you lose someone near and dear to you at a young age, you handle it with grace, but know I will be here to hold you. Loss happens, and it is part of God’s plan to help you grow, trust me.
* You fall in love with the person I’ve been praying to be sent your way and realize all the other relationships and crushes (broken, wrenching, or sweet) were just part of the path.
* You never lose faith.
* You follow your dreams, and accept that dreams change. My dreams changed (like whoa) but led me to your Daddy.
* You love and laugh lots.
* You cherish time with those you love.
* You never have regrets and leave the past where it belongs.
* You read lots.
* You hug often.
* You enjoy your college years/young adult life but don’t rack up a hefty debt.
* You respect others opinions but know that the only one who can judge you is God above you. Daddy and I embrace this.
* You avoid talking politics at the dinner table. You avoid letting differing opinions sway your friendships.
* You stand in awe at the ocean, the mountains, the canyons, the lakes, the deserts.
* You don’t fret over your body and enjoy yourself some dessert.
* You love like you love today. Never lose the giggles!
* You know you’ll always be Mama’s babies.
As each day passes, I shed a few tears because I know it won’t be long until you leave our nest, but I am excited to see what wonder the future brings. Follow your hearts and dare to dream.