Guess what? One of my (yet to meet IRL) friends, Amy over at Paradise of Chaos awarded me with my first bloggy mama award, the Liebster Blog Award!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning dear, sweet, kind, nice, good, beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Thank you, Amy, for making my day! One of the things I love best about blogging is getting to meet and interact with others who share my interests. It’s always a joy to know that you’ve also been able to put a smile on someone’s face through your memories. What an honor to be chosen as one of her top five!
So now, I want to keep the love going. It’s time to pass it along to other new deserving blogs, the recipient must now recognize five other bloggers with less than 200 followers that have really stood out in the crowd.
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love too!
So please, go and spend a few minutes getting to know my friends and their blogs. I give the Liebster Blog Award to:
* Dana is a Geek: Dana recently started up her personal blog post PodCamp Pittsburgh 6, but she’s been a social media maven for years. I attended her session at PCPGH5 and learned all about ways to manage my Twitter and Facebook…and her blog throws up good life tips and fun stories about her family. That, and she is one of my few ‘burghers who actually lives on the same side of the city as me, so she deserves your love.
* Confessions of a Human Vacuum: Lindsay and I also first met at PCPGH5 while volunteering. Her blog’s been around for awhile, but I really enjoy her daily posts with recipes, funny work stories, and (whether she realizes it or not) motivation to just get through each day. Give Lindsay some love–she’s a strong lady who does crazy time management and still has a smile on her face.
* A Joy Shared: S is a recent real life friend of mine that (when she’s not working on projects in a warehouse) I get to see daily and have found a lot in common. Our life paths have crossed in many ways as she grew up near one of my Myrtle apartments and also was a CM Consultant. She’s a #bfing and babywearing mommy of one cute ‘lil boy and her blog is full of great stories about his adventures. Do go and enjoy the joy in her life!
* Oh Yeah Roger That: I might be sort of cheating here when I give Mrs. ‘Ski this award because we’ve been friends somewhere around 10 years. Her stories about being a new mom and wife to a Marine are sure to please. If you haven’t already found her blog through mine, now is your time!
* Red Pen Mama: Another friend met in real life through a #PghTweetUp Date Night event this past summer and PCPGH. Red Pen Mama is not new to this blogging thing, but she is truly worth every read (meh, so I am cheating again, but she’s newish to me!). Her children and husband present excellent blog fodder, please enjoy!
Keep spreading the love!