Hope you’ve been enjoying all of our memories from our recent trip to Williamsburg! These pictures are about 1% of all the great ones that you know will have to go into a scrapbook. Speaking of scrapbooking, today I want to tell you about a nifty piece of software, My Memories Suite. I literally did a dancey-dance when I found out our blog had been chosen to do a review…but the even better news…and a GIVEAWAY!
So, first things first. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been ADDICTED to taking pictures. Anyone out there remember 110mm film? Intro my first personal camera (because, uh, no, my Dad wouldn’t dare let me touch his Canon 35mm SLR. I moved through various 110mm, 35mm (heart my precious Canon Rebel), point and shoot digital cameras, and finally Mr. Canon. Our hard drives are full of thousands of pictures.
And what do we do with all those pictures (besides make our relatives and friends droll over baby cuteness via the blog)? I scrapbook. But I have a HORRIBLE confession to make. I just finished ‘lil Miss A’s 2010 album and hope to work on ‘lil Man’s baby book in January. But that means I am still at least a year behind.
Well, for some relief, I’ll be able to use this friendly Digital Scrapbooking Software to make quick pages that are printable at home, through DVDs, calendars, cards, or even albums. While I don’t think I’ll be using My Memories Suite to completely replace my scrapbooks, I think it will be a great opportunity to include more than just one “epic” photo and create an album geared to an entire experience. (This is key when the hard-copy books are already about 3″ thick and only include 5-6 pictures from each month.)
Like this page I made–it’s a quick way to share with ‘lil Miss A how proud I am of her growing up into a ‘lil lady.
This page took me about 15 minutes–and the toughest part was choosing which photos to include on the page. The scrapbooking software had a feel similar to working with any Microsoft product (Movie Maker especially), but it did take a minute or two to get used to. That and deciding what page templates to work with…there are a number of decently nice free templates (entire albums, actually) that come with the software, but there are 100s you can pay for on their site, including some free kits and deals for under a dollar. Once you have your backgrounds and embellishments pick, it’s really just “drag and drop” and journal! Quick, easy, and DONE!
I would love to share this product with you, and My Memories has been kind enough to provide me with a code that will get you the newest version (v3) absolutely free! I don’t even have this version yet–it will be released in a few days, so that’s even more exciting news. (If you want to see some info on v3, check out this video.)
So, how can you get My Memories Suite? First, if you simply need it now, then click on the banner below, “add to cart” and enter my special $10 off code in the Enter Coupon/Promo Code box (you’ll get the software for just under $30): STMMMS41011. Please copy and paste that code to avoid any issues!
But, if you are interested in the giveaway, then stick around! Here are the rules.
1. The giveaway will run until Sunday, December 4 at 12:00 PM EST. Any comments received after that will not be eligible for the giveaway. The winner will be chosen by comment # using Random.org. Once chosen, I will put up a winner post AND e-mail the winner. They have 48 hours to respond to me in order to get their code.
2. In order to receive the software, you must provide your e-mail address when you comment. (There’s a field for that.)
3. 1st mandatory entry: Visit www.MyMemories.com and chose your favorite digital paper pack or layout then leave me a comment telling me which one you like best.
Easy, right? Ok, I know you want more chances. For additional entries you may do the following:
* Follow the My Memories Blog on Google Friend Connect and leave a comment below letting me know you did so. (+1 entry)
* “Like” My Memories on Facebook and leave a comment below letting me know you did so. (+1 entry)
* Follow My Memories on Twitter and leave a comment below with your twitter handle letting me know you did so.
* Share this post with your friends via Google+, Facebook or Twitter once per day and leave a link to that share below. (+1 entry per day for each site)
Can’t wait to share this with you, good luck!
Disclaimer:I received one digital copy of MyMemories Suite from MyMemories in order to give the review above. I was not compensated in any other way for my opinions (which are all my own!). Thanks to MyMemories and to all participants in this giveaway!